The Alexandria Tutoring Consortium (ATC) seeks to hire a Book Buddies Coordinator for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Coordinators oversee and support volunteers who provide reading tutoring to struggling kindergarten or first grade readers in Alexandria City Public Schools.
- Coordinators write high-quality, differentiated weekly lesson plans for using during tutoring sessions.
- Selected candidates collaborate continually with other Book Buddies Coordinators and receive ongoing support from an instructional coach who serves as Program Advisor.
- ATC uses the Book Buddies curriculum developed at the University of Virginia.
- Applicants should have experience teaching reading to elementary students.
- Coordinators work flexible hours during the school day, October – May.
- Coordinators serve between 7 and 35 students (at one or two schools).
- Pay is per student. On average, coordinators work 24 hours/student (over the course of the year) and earn $30/hour.
- We are planning for in-person tutoring in the coming year, but there is a chance that some tutoring may occur via Zoom.
This is a perfect opportunity for an educator who would like to work part-time and help struggling readers learn to read.
For more information, contact ATC Executive Director Lisa Jacobs at email@example.com