Here’s what’s involved:
- ATC staff members will train you on how to conduct a tutoring session and will be available to offer guidance and support throughout the school year.
- ATC staff will write individually targeted lesson plans for you to use during your sessions with the student.
- All tutors work one-on-one with students; each session is targeted directly to the child’s individual reading needs.
- Tutors meets with students once or twice weekly for 30- to 40-minute sessions.
- Normally, all tutoring occurs at the assigned school during the school day from mid-October through May. Assuming that volunteers will not be permitted in school buildings in the 2020-2021 school year due to health concerns, ATC anticipates that virtual tutoring will occur between tutors and students via phone or video conference, during the day at a mutually agreeable time, October – May.
- Appropriate reading materials will be provided for you to use with your student. For virtual tutoring, students will have paper copies of books and tutors will have access to the same books online.
Ready to sign up? Click here!