Here’s what’s involved:
- ATC staff members will train you on how to conduct a tutoring session and will be available to offer guidance and support throughout the school year.
- In the Book Buddies program, ATC staff will write individually targeted lesson plans for you to use during your sessions with the student.
- All tutors work one-on-one with students; each session is targeted directly to the child’s individual reading needs.
- Appropriate reading materials will be provided for you to use with your student.
- Tutors meets with students once or twice weekly for 30- to 40-minute sessions.
- All tutoring occurs at the assigned school during the school day from mid-October through May.
- Thanks to a grant from the Rotary Club of Alexandria, ATC provides gift books for tutors to give students to take home to begin a home library.
Ready to sign up? Click here!