Here’s what’s involved:
- ATC’s reading and education specialists will provide an orientation program for you to learn about the tutoring program, to share important information about expectations, and to demonstrate how to deliver the program.
- A trained reading or education specialist will write individually targeted lesson plans for you to work from during your sessions with the student.
- All tutors work one-on-one with students; each session is targeted directly to the child’s individual reading needs.
- Appropriate reading materials will be provided for you to use with your student.
- The tutor meets with the tutee twice weekly for 30- or 45-minute sessions.
- All tutoring occurs at the assigned school during school hours from mid-October through May.
- Thanks to a grant from the Rotary Club of Alexandria, ATC provides gift books for each tutor to give the student to take home to begin a home library.
Ready to sign up? Click here!