Here’s what’s involved:
- ATC staff members will train you on how to conduct a tutoring session and will be available to offer guidance and support throughout the school year.
- ATC staff will write individually targeted lesson plans for you to use during your sessions with the student.
- All tutors work one-on-one with students; each session is targeted directly to the child’s individual reading needs.
- Tutors meet with students once or twice weekly for 30- to 40-minute sessions.
- Normally, all tutoring occurs at the assigned school during the school day from mid-October through May. For the 2020-2021 school year, however, virtual tutoring will occur between tutors and students via video conference, during the day at a mutually agreeable time, October – May.
- Appropriate materials will be provided for you to use with your student. For virtual tutoring, students will have paper copies of books and tutors will have access to the same books online.
Ready to sign up? Click here!